25 August 2005

day 24

Checked this morning and I’m 4/10 over what I was last Thursday. Maybe this whooshing thing is true. Just makes me want to work extra hard the next three weeks so when then hell week comes upon me it won’t be quite as bad – I hope.

Food was okay yesterday. I made my baked chicken with Dijon, teriyaki and cheese. Yummy! I think I need to lay off the need to have something different every noon. I was thinking about this last night. Dad had 2 bologna and cheese sandwiches everyday for lunch (plus some cookies in his lunch pail for coffee breaks and dessert) for years! I remember asking him once if he ever got bored with his food. He had said that he didn’t think about it…it was just fuel to get through the rest of the day. That makes a lot of sense. We had good dinners every night – for the most part – and if I can keep that up, changing up the dinner at night, then having the same thing for breakfast and lunch everyday shouldn’t be such a hardship. So there you go. It really made sense since after having my baked chicken last night, I didn’t feel so bad about putting together my standard breakfast and lunch today.

I’m about to embrace my dorkiness and state that I get another smiley sticker for my calendar! YAY! Ran last night around Powderhorn Lake again. Same amount around but this time I was actually able to run 2 times consecutively (yay!), then walked a bit, ran another half then walked the rest of the way. I also ran up the hill, a lot like the one outside NW, at the end just to work the calves a bit. I’m thinking I may try the stairs from hell that are there too. Seriously, lots of stairs leading up to this ledge by the street. I’ve been watching them as I’d pass them and they look okay, not deathly steep but steep enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The next time you go walking/running around Powderhorn, you'd better call me. I need to get my ass in shape. We WILL take those stairs. Getting stronger....da da da da da (cue Rocky music here).....

And hey, that baked chicken looked really good, much better than bologna and cheese.