05 August 2005

day 4

day 4 didn’t go to badly, but a moment of badness. We had our staff recess day and I completely forgot we had ordered the Italian meal to go with the gangster tour – so pasta, bread, more pasta. Ugh. At least there was some salad – ceasar and a green salad with ‘shrooms (YUCK!) and green beans. So I took as much ceasar as I could, picked out broccoli from the green ‘shroom salad and took the green beans. I tried to scrape off the dressing as much as I could and didn’t eat the croutons (thank goodness I don’t like those anyway). That helped but I know I got way more than I should have, and the beans must have been cooked in some sort of weird butter/oil thing because though the bean was crisp they were kinda slimy on the outside. I had brought along my cl and cheese for the bus ride. That helped and when I got back I had celery with pb. That was good and I got back on track after that – salad with egg whites, chicken feta and little dressing for supper. Then dc and rum at boom with the boys.

1 comment:

kendi said...

way to go, sb girl!!! i'm so proud of you. i have many such stories as you have from recess day. the thing that always struck me was that after it was over i felt so much better about myself for NOT partaking of the crappy stuff. and, i found that i didn't miss it once the moment was over. i'm an experience person, and always want to have the most of the moment. but, if it doesn't seem to matter fifteen minutes later, then i can do without and move on to the next day when i'm more in control. sounds like things are going okay. you can always call if you actually want to TALK about things.