08 August 2005

sb days - tough times

k asked me when it was that i was having a harder time than others. for many it is late afternoon/evening - right when you're done with work and you're home and snacking is a way of life. This is true for me, but i think my most difficult time is weekends - and not because i'm out doing things so i'm around 'junk' food but it's when i'm home doing little, relaxing from the long week. these are my tough times. these are the times when i'm reading or watching a movie (or three) and i'm just chillin' in my chair. these are the times when i tend to gravitate toward the popsicles or sf chocolate onlyl- like my first saturday on sb - unofficial saturday though - i didn't eat well because i was home reading the book(!) and relaxing. these are the days when I used to just have popcorn for snacks and pizza for supper.

weekends are tough too - or i'm anticipating they may be - when i have to go home for guards. travelling by car is 'snack-time!' guard drill weekends - especially the paper weekends - are stressful and end up being snackfilled and not good stuff - crackers, cookies, sunflower seeds, pop, pop, more pop, suckers, etc. that's coming up soon and i'm getting worried. this one won't be too bad at least for the office - but it's family day so it'll be a cookout at the waterpark. uffda. the first my family will see me since i've started and only lisa knows that i'm attempting this.

I guess I’ll just have to trust myself that I can do this, and I know I can. k&e are a tremendous support, too. Their support, even from afar, is a great help.

No comments: