12 August 2005

day 11

Last night was a bad night. Uffda. I hope it doesn’t set me back too much. Wednesday I had read that I could have 30 pistachios versus the 15 almonds or cashews. So I bought a bag. YUMMY! I love pistachios. That’s a danger, though, because last night while I was waiting for my balsamic chicken (in the book) to finish cooking I had some. Then after supper I was still a little hungry so I had more. NOT good…way too many pistachios. On one hand, at least it wasn’t chocolate or sugar or chips, but man…that was so not good. I have to divide those up tonight into little bags of 30 and allow one a day. Grrrr at me.

Otherwise the balsamic chicken from last night was divine! MMMMM so yummy. I kind of like this program because to curb my boredom I’m kind of forced to make different kinds of recipes – which are easy to make, it’s just a trick to actually taking the time to prepare since the last two have required at least some time of marinating. And the recipes turn out great! I love these chicken options! I’m going to try the turkey roll ups tonight. I didn’t get the Boston leaves because that seemed odd to me so I’m going to try normal lettuce and I hope that will work.

3 comments:

kendi said...

CHICKEN!

kendi said...

don't worry too much about the pistachios. like you said, it's not like you ate chocolate cake or something. besides, you are nearing the end of the first two weeks, when it gets toughest. just take it as a reminder of human frailty and buck up for the last few days of the weekend. you are doing a fantastic job.

i went to a dmlc parishioner's house last night for supper, which is always a scary thing on the diet, but managed to do okay. big relief! i always do well for about a month, and then have something to derail me. so, i keep losing the same five pounds over and over. not good. but, if i establish solid patterns now as i enter two new worlds (one where i'm the pastor and the other where i'm the pastor's wife), then it should work out fine.

i'm pulling for you!

~moe~ said...

Thanks Kendi - I thought maybe I was just losing my mind (i know the mind reels that losing it more may even be a possibility) that I was feeling so hungry. i'm going out with a friend tonight to OC - should be a interesting as i know it'll be a challenge.