20 February 2008

Naughty pie baker

I'm terrible. I just ordered one of these. Well, actually I think I ordered 2 because I didn't get a confirmation page after I hit submit order...it just said my shopping cart was empty so I sent it through again. Oh well. It's not like I don't bake often.

But the bad thing is that I ordered this because of Alton. It's all his fault. The other night I was up late, flipping channels because I couldn't sleep. I stumbled upon Alton making an apple pie. I'm not obsessed with Apple Pie or anything.

Anyway, Alton makes his in a tart pan because then the sides automatically crimp and you can remove the whole pie from the pan and cut it easier. Interesting... I would think this would make it difficult to transport but since I don't usually share my pies anyway, I shouldn't have a problem.

The other thing Alton talked about on his show was using a pie bird to help with the steam issue in fruit pies. I don't have a pie bird, but I would love one. Does anyone know where I could find one? Or, if you're so inclined, my birthday is coming up and I'll just add that to my hope list.

1 comment:

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

enter Pie bird in ebay and you will get a whole list of them...And they aren't just birds! heehee. They are not bidding extremely high that I can see from a quick glimpse. If you are not an ebay'er. Email me and I'll help you out.
cinda