28 February 2008

Weird freakin' dreams

This morning I woke up with my head throbbing. When I finally figured out why I was totally confused.

See my head was throbbing because my jaw was completely clenched. My jaw was completely clenched because I had just woken from a semi-nightmare. Nothing like monsters or demons of the usual sort. No this one entailed a co-worker, whom I don't work with very often nor do I like very much, and moving huge desks and furniture around.

So it started that we were moving into a temporary location to work. The nightmare girl (NG here on out), another girl and me. We were setting up one room as our office and another room as our sleeping quarters. The rooms were filled with this big heavy desks like they used to have way back when. So we started moving things around to arrange it a little more sensibly. NG disappeared next door to arrange our sleeping quarters. I kind of got the office set up so I went next door.

NG had the room set up - but first, the room was a big rectangle with a wall in the middle kind of halfway through to kind of separate a back section. Think of the letter E. Anyway, I should also mention I was the supervisor and head of the section in this scenario. I walk in and see two twin beds - one with a super saggy mattress off to the left with the bedframe with bars going up about 4 feet in the air along the side. It was weird. It was also sitting next to the sink/counter sort of thing that was leaking water everywhere. How nice.

So I say thanks for setting it up and which bed is mine. NG points to the bed described above and I said, Oh really? Where's yours? We go around to the back separated room and there's a big queen size bed with big dark wooden furniture (beautiful). I got pissed and mutter some great obscenities (in my dream even!) and I stormed out and reset up the office with a new bed in there for me. Later I tried to give NG a bookcase and she looked at me and asked what books I had. I said they weren't too important so I can find a better place and I walk around a corner seeing a built-in bookshelf with all sorts of medical books on it, with NG standing there all smug. I got pissed again and I woke up.

I don't know why NG was in this dream (if you can call it that). I really have limited contact with her anyway so it makes no sense. I do understand the big, heavy desks and furniture. I have a lot on my plate right now: my work, the paper, an event that is happening next month that was just decided upon yesterday, all on top of me trying to get over February which sucked. It's just been a crazy week so I'm sure that's the main tension. Soon it'll be over and life will be back to order. I just have to ride it out.

No comments: