25 February 2008

Huh

You'd think with as busy of a day as I had I would have more to say but I don't. Well, excepting this: I get to go to work tomorrow! YAY! I'm so excited! WOOHOO! Things to do!

Oh wait - just thought of one: Happy Birthday, Sean Astin! *sigh* I used to have the hugest crush on Sean, especially after The Goonies came out. I would watch that movie all the time. Granted I had a mild crush on Josh Brolin too, but Sean was just so cute!

A slight tangent here but when Lord of the Rings came out my prof who I would babysit for (Dave) made me watch the first movie while he and his wife were out. His official words were, "The kids are asleep, the movie is set up and is 4 hours long. We'll be back during the final credits. Have fun!" And he left. When he returned he asked how I liked it.

I said, "It was okay, though very emotional at one point."
Dave, very excited that I liked the movie he loved, "Really, which part?"
Me, "Well, I almost cried when Sam fell in the water at the end and he said he can't swim."
Dave, "Really? Why would you cry at that?"
Me, "Well, I really like Sean Astin and if he were to die at the first movie that would suck, because I know you're going to make me watch the next two movies when they come out and I watch your kids and if he's not in the movies it's just going to be annoying."

Luckily, Dave laughed and didn't think me too weird. (No, I proved my weirdness later when I made a big fuss about reading books only in a certain format. That's another long story, which I've probably written about here but I can't remember when. Let's just say if I start a series in paperback, I have to finish it in paperback, and vice versa with hard cover. And yes, I know I'm weird. It's one of my few quirks...)

1 comment:

KJ said...

Very cute how excited you are about going to work. You're lucky.

I never had a thing for Sean Astin but was a bog goonies fan too.