02 February 2008

Holy Hannah

It's amazing how things happen. I started today without a single thing on my schedule, but the only time I sat down to breathe was for 30 minutes at lunch. It was crazy. It began right away and just kept going. As we all met up together this morning for a quick meeting to start the day, I was rattling things off to a couple people and a guy eavesdropping leaned over and said, "Moe, how much coffee have you had this morning?" uh, none, I don't drink coffee. "So how much pop then?" uh, none, I haven't had anything to drink this morning. "So you're always like this?"

Okay, so I was a little hyper this morning. I was running late which always gets my heart pumping. At least I wasn't as nervous as I usually am for this meeting (I lead it) and later that day one person stopped by and said, "Wow, the morning has really gotten to be a lot of fun." My thought is, it's 7 a.m., no one really wants to be there (except me since I love my job) and so I try to keep it lively. One person stood up to read of a list of names who needed to meet with her today and she kept reading and reading and reading more names. When she had finally finished I said, "If your name wasn't called, could you raise your hand?" Everyone laughed as only 5 people raised their hand. whoops.

The rest of the day was a whirlwind. It was one thing after another - not in a bad way because it was really great to keep going - but after awhile it just gets overwhelming. But then I stayed at work tonight for an extra hour because I'm just crazy. Last night I stayed an extra 2 hours. (Am I workaholic? Yeah, probably.)

What a fun day though. I tweaked an article for Mungie Boy and watched a new work video on sexual assault. See I'm a Victim's Advocate at work and so RAC and I are always checking out the new videos and training that the higher ups send down. They sometimes put together some good stuff for our folks to watch, but we have to skim it before we send it out to everyone. The latest is really good, covering so many more aspects of sexual assault than previous ones.

After that it was just paperwork and helping other people and laughing and having a great time. At one point I was laughing so hard I couldn't breathe. But what fun. This is why I love my job.

No comments: