09 February 2008

Stupid weather

Today I'm supposed to be going to see Sweeney Todd and I so want to, but my friend emailed and said the weather is supposed to be horrendous - no, he said hideous - and so maybe we should re-group. I'm actually toying with not going, but I don't want to eat the tickets OR miss the show. Dammit. I hate winter. I'm not sure what to do. Logic would say to eat the tickets and just stay home, but my pocketbook is telling me to get my ass in gear and get going so I can get up there. shit. Check back later for more updates. I'll figure something out.

Update 7:57am: Another thought - if I stay home today I could study all day which would probably be the smarter thing to do. Because if I go, I lose all of today to study, plus part of tomorrow for driving back. That would leave half of Sunday and all of Monday to get anything studied and I have to pass on Tuesday...that more than anything is leaning me towards not going at all...but man, I hate not using tickets I've spent money on already.

Update 10:59am: Okay, so my massage has been cancelled and Debbie, sweet but ill Debbie, emailed the theatre to see if I could get a voucher instead. She said the weather has turned even in the last hour in the cities and is bitterly cold. Her mom even said the roads north of town have closed. So it's looking like I'm not going. I'm going to call the Box Office in an hour and see if they'll give me a voucher for tickets or something since I live out-of-state. Cross your fingers!

Update 1:48pm: Yep, I'm staying home. No vouchers for the tickets but they'll put me on their VIP list for special events. That's something I guess...and probably better than I deserve. Oh well. Time to grab some food and get studying since that's my bonus for being here. Have a great day!

No comments: