03 February 2008

Another whirlwind of a day

Once again things just flew by today. This morning's meeting began with a discussion on segregation. During our weekend work days we have chapel services (since people can't make it to church). Our meetings are where the Protestant chapel services occur so when I walked in this morning, everyone was sitting in chairs ready to go. So of course, I had to banter.

Moe - "Look at this! Everyone's ready for church! Awesome!"
1Sgt - "Well, except for the Catholics. They have to go across the street." (He's Catholic.)
Moe - "What is it with this segregation in worshipping? I just don't understand! Can't we all just worship together? What is so wrong with us?" *fake exasperation and crying*
1Sgt started laughing and said something I can't remember that just made us all laugh harder - something about not wanting to worship with us or something...

So then, just 'cause I'm evil, after we ran through the days events, I said, "Everyone have a great day! Church starts in 10 minutes, so just sit tight and things will get started shortly...that is of course unless you're Catholic ... then you have to leave because we're all about the segregation in worshipping."
Everyone started laughing and 1sgt put his hand up and said, "Follow me! Let's go!"

More comments ensued about how fun our morning meetings are now. *smile* I'm so glad people seem to enjoy them. I remember how they were before I started leading them - boring! We'd talk about what was for lunch, go through a couple things all deadpan and then head on our way. To be honest, half the time I never paid attention. I think people pay attention now just to see what the hell I'm going to say. And that's always a surprise - sometimes even to myself.

Anyway, the rest of the day was, like I said, just a whirlwind...one thing after another. Despite the start to the day, and the fact I spent most of it with a grin on my face, there were some stressful moments. But they seemed few and far between - and really things are only as stressful as you make them out to be. I really do try to just take in the situation, evaluate and then act on it.

But again, I realized as I was driving home that I must be a workaholic. 12 hours Friday, 10 hours yesterday (with one break) and another 9 today (with one break for brunch mid-morning). Crazy! I was really tired today when I got home. I want to go to bed now, but alas, it's laundry night. *yawn* well...maybe just a nap.

No comments: