08 February 2008

Book Meme

One more before I hit the hay... this from Kat.

The Rules:
Pick up the nearest book of 123 pages or more (no cheating!)
Find page 123
Find the first five sentences
Post the next three sentences

My book choice (I have several books nearby, but this one stood out) It, by Stephen King.

"I have to," he said. There was a hutch on the far side of the room. He went to it, took a bottle of Glenfiddich from the top shelf and poured himself a drink.

And because that probably was an obvious choice for me, here's another: 1776, by David McCullough.


Large numbers of troops were quartered in vacant buildings and many of the finest mansions. ("Oh, the houses of New York, if you could see the insides of them!" grieved another resident.) King's College, west of the Commons, one of the largest, handsomest buildings in town, had been taken over as an army hospital, once the library books were removed, lest the soldiers burn them for fuel.

No comments: