08 February 2008

*yawn*

Okay, so I'm tired today. Last night after a long work day, a group of us met up and had a few drinks. Well, actually - they all drank, I just wasn't up for it so I had diet coke. I tell you that stuff can hit you hard, especially after not eating a real supper (unless popcorn counts, does it?).

It was a lot of fun. Between picking on Dino and Mungie Boy and their ever present blackberries (which Dino still hasn't figured out that I was the one who called all those times, even though it was Mungie leaving the messages), trying to fend off Abe explaining the ins and outs of deer hunting with a bow, and Marty and John threatening to bring 'movies', popcorn and drinks to my place, I had a blast.

Marty is hilarious and he has this infectious laugh that you can't help but laugh along with - even when he's pulling his stupid (and very innocent though they don't sound like it) lines like "would you like a little German in you?" or "would you like a little captain in you?" (long story). After I had left the bar, and told him that if he came knocking on my door I was calling security he still stopped by and knocked. At first I yelled out (laughing to myself) "I'm sleeeeeeping." But I knew he was going to do it again, so I stood by the door and watched out the peephole. (this is better in person) Suddenly I see this arm reach up and his head pop into view as he's giggling like a school-girl looking down the hall to see if anyone is watching and he knocks and runs. Heavens. You'd have thought we were in junior high. It was hilarious. I should have called him in the middle of the night and woken him up, but I'm nice so I don't do that.

But then again, I am vindictive sometimes and so this morning as they asked me how I was doing I said, "Man, I drank too much last night" as they are all popping tylenol and water. "Shuddup" I got in return. Oh well. We had fun. I should probably do that more often.

And I shouldn't be tired because I crashed at 11 last night but for whatever reason, I couldn't sleep. I'm sure it had nothing to do with the gallon of diet coke, or the continuing stress and pressure of the course test I HAVE to pass on Tuesday (and my studying hasn't been at all great this week), or the worrying about Debbie who's sick (get better, Debbie!) and countless other things on my brain. Yeah, I'm sure it had nothing to do with that. So I need to sleep because tomorrow...I...get...to...see...THIS!

I can't wait.

No comments: