29 February 2008

Crazy day

It feels like a Thursday.

Sorry, that really has no point here but I just needed to state it. I have been writing a lot lately. It seems my job has been centering more around writing than ever before. Of course part of it is because I'm helping with the paper more this month. My counterpart really wants it to be done on Saturday, but we seem to keep forgetting that one of the big stories this month is an event happening Sunday at 1. So it won't be done completely this weekend. However, we are so close and we have so much information, it's just insane.

My article, well one of my articles, has turned into a very long article so I've spent most of the day trying to trim it down. I still have some more trimming to do. It's a very informative article - proving that a recent work trip was really a work trip (a group went to Hawaii in January...let's just say those of us left were a little jealous). The problem is that with the pictures it's a page and a half and I only have a page to work with. I'm hoping tomorrow will prove that the article that's scheduled for a page and a half will only need a page and we can swap. We'll see. I'm not writing that article and the guy who is I'm betting hasn't even started it.

But today is a Thursday for me, or maybe even a Wednesday, since I have to work the next two days. It'll be good, a lot of things planned and a lot to accomplish.

Oh and today we said goodbye to another great person at work. Gerry (or is it Jerry - I saw it both ways but I swear he signed his emails with the G, not the J) retired today. He was always a card and a fun lunch companion at times. I'm going to miss him.

No comments: