16 February 2008

Motivate me!

I'm feeling a little like a loser - it's beautiful outside today - 36 degrees (feels like 24) and I'm sitting inside. It looks a little windy but I should be going out and running. I have a marathon in May that I already signed up for but my training has been pretty non-existent. Not good.

I am gearing up for tomorrow though. The ladies in my family are having a Girl's Day and I offered up my tiny, yet humble, abode for us to visit. I'm making lunch and dessert and then, depending on the weather, we're going to go to a museum. Should be interesting. I spent the morning pouring through my recipe books trying to find a good recipe to make for dessert. I have the main course planned and I think I've decided on a Norwegian Apple Cake - but we'll see. I have to go to the store and if they have good strawberries (I know they aren't in season) I'm going to do something with them instead. We'll see.

Anyway, I'm trying to clean better than I did the other night and so I better get back at it. I hope you're having a good day!

2 comments:

KJ said...

I've never trained for a marathon... but was a dancer eons ago... anyway, there's a great book - Everyone is an Athelete. Heard of it? Great info on training well for duration & so as to avoid sports injuries.

~moe~ said...

I haven't heard of that one...but I'm going to look it up on amazon right now. :) Thanks!