13 February 2008

It's like riding a bike

Tonight I did something I haven't done in a very long time. And while it was hard, boy it was good.

Yeah, right...I wish. HA! Sick minded people - get out the gutter!

No, tonight I sang at church. Anthony called me yesterday late afternoon and sounded like crap. He's getting all the crud (as my mother calls it - see I really am turning into her) that everyone else has. So I ran over to his place and got the music for what he was going to sing. He's a tenor so we can usually share stuff...it's nice. Plus I got to see his wife and adorable little boy, which is always fun.

So I took an hour today and came home to practice the song - over and over and over. It was one off the Wow 2005 CD, which I had never heard of. It was nice and fit amazingly well into the texts for the night. I was happy and I only screwed up once (which I think I was the only one to notice) so that wasn't bad either.

Church was nice tonight. Sometimes I like Lent. It's a time where you're allowed to be crabby and sad because, hey, I gave up happiness for Lent. But church was calming tonight...I actually felt a calmness come over me during the service (after I sang, of course). But then I get back into the car and everything comes flying back.

So I'm going to try to center myself back into church tonight and see if I can get my calmness back. I'm also going to make a quick batch of cookies, because that does make me happy.

1 comment:

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

Moe,
If you think you are depressed, please go and talk to a doctor about it. I have been on meds before and recently did it again. This last time, I caught it early, so it wasn't like I was absolutely a mess. I noticed I just didn't feel like myself, I was there, but I found that I was just kind of sad, not the usual me and it didn't go away. We all have moods, but when they don't go away, they hang like a cloud, then it is maybe time to think about it.
Now, it could be that because of all the work you are doing, you got a chance to hibernate and you took it and you needed rest, but watch yourself.
As for not being dateable, that is crazy. You are a wonderful, confident woman. Sometimes you just don't meet people, sometimes you haven't been out there enough, sometimes there aren't a lot of guys around that you would date, so you would rather do things by yourself that are satisfying instead of seeing people that will not add good things to your life. Give yourself some credit.
Happy Valentine's Day. You are loved.