12 February 2008

A Mildred kind of day...week...month...

I'm going to blame my aunt on this one - the aunt who was a hypochondriac, that is. I'm feeling like self-diagnosing myself today, because I think I'm playing with a fine line of depression. Not the full-blown 'holy crap I'm depressed' kind of depression, but more the atypical depression where at times my mood is lifted when hanging out with friends or hearing good news, but then I slip back into the void.

I really started to wonder this weekend when I was holed up - which I do love being alone - because I was spending a lot of time sleeping. Granted I haven't been sleeping very well in the past few weeks anyway so I needed to play a little 'catch-up', but to spend 3 days inside and taking lots of naps, having no desire to knit or bake cookies (though I did do both - I just didn't enjoy it like I usually do), and feeling pretty sensitive to a lot of issues (i.e. bawling at movies like The Longest Yard) makes me wonder.

It helps to be out in the world today with the sun shining, but I know I'm not my usual happy-go-lucky self. Maybe part of it is the exam I had to pass today (which I did) or maybe it's something else. I don't know. Maybe it's just because S.A.D. is two days away and I'm still feeling like crap regarding that fabulous holiday.

And I don't know why that's hitting me so hard this year. Hell, I've been single for awhile now. Of course last year I could chalk it up to 'being new in town and not knowing anyone' but this year...well, now it's just my own fault, because I'm just not date-worthy I guess.

I don't know...these are two sites that have some good info. I'll have to tap into the self-help one, I'm thinking.