27 February 2008

Holy crap

Today - what a day. *sigh* At one point a co-worker called and was lamenting about how quickly the day had passed. I looked at the clock and it was 2:54 pm. Holy shit! I couldn't believe it! I had worked through lunch (well, eating while talking on the phone - covering the mouthpiece while chewing so as not to annoy my conversationalist) and had meetings back to back to back the rest of the day. Finally at 5 Boss2 walked in to vent about an issue at work and I was just blah - my head hurt (still does), I was hungry, thirsty and just couldn't focus. It took another hour, part of which was venting with a co-worker, before I felt back in the game to work.

It's a work weekend week so things are pretty intense. I'm working on the paper for and trying to write two articles and then sort how how to lay everything out in issue. Two weeks ago we thought we barely had enough for 8 pages, but now it's looking like we may have to cut items to make our 12 page limit. It has just been a whirlwind.

At least the weather was nice today so running around to my meetings wasn't as dreadful as it could have been in February. It felt like spring. Thank God for that.

No comments: