15 February 2008

A funny...

It's funny how you mention you might be depressed and suddenly people steer clear of you and your blog (excepting you oh Cinda...thanks for your note).

Not that I'm complaining...I just find it a little funny how we like to avoid the tough topics. On a better a note, I'm feeling much better today. My sadness has really stemmed from some personal issues that have crept up in the past couple weeks - it's not that it's been looming over me or anything, and I think I'm on the upswing. The sun was out, it's supposed to be warmer tomorrow and so things are looking up. I get this way every year, I just don't always blog about it. I really think it's partly issues, partly V-Day (thank God it's over) and partly Seasonal Affectedness Disorder. We haven't had much sun or nice weather in awhile and I hate that.

Anyway...good day today at work. I actually was motivated to get some things done. I found a list I had been looking for, and I got a lot of stuff filed. And now I have a 4-day weekend (yes, you're allowed to hate me). We work a compressed schedule so on federal holidays that fall on a Monday, we also get Tuesday off. We still end up working 30 hours the rest of the week, so it's not like we're shirking our duties. And next week's 3 day week is already slammed with things to get done. It'll be good to be busy again.

So that's today so far. Who knows, I may be back.

2 comments:

KJ said...

Glad you're feeling better - but have to say I've seen vitamins and good nutrition do more for a person with the winter blah's than anything. Simple nutrition gets overlooked much of the time. If you're feeling crappy or stressed, lay off on sugar and take B1, C, D, E & A every day. At least go get some B1 and take a few everyday...and the D... even if you are taking a multi. For reals, it does wonders for your mood nomatter what is going on!

~moe~ said...

Thanks, Kat. You're so right - I haven't been eating well at all lately. Popcorn and cherry pie filling does not a nutritious meal make. I'm going out shopping today - I will definitely pick up some B1 and start back taking my vitamins... I have calcium with D i should be taking since I run and a multi that I keep forgetting. Thanks for the advice!