23 February 2008

Friday recap

Yesterday was a good day. At work we had a VIP grace us with his presence and meet with our senior leaders. It was great. This man has been a favorite of mine for a long time and despite all his problems in life it was great to see him up and about. He had some health issues a little over a year ago and while he's still recovering it was great to see how his mind is still so alert and connected with everything going on. Inspiring, to say the least.

The rest of the afternoon I worked on the paper and did some basic clean up around the office. I didn't really want to be at work, but I don't have a lot of vacation time to waste just because I needed some mental health time. Plus, my mental health time seems to just have me sitting on my couch doing nothing anyway and I've done that all day today so I don't really need to waste vacation time on that.

Last night was great though. I got to see Sarah and Eric and hang out with awesome people for the night. We hung out and talked, picked on Eric and his wisdom teeth (or lack thereof) and watched two awesome movies: Becoming Jane and Martian Child. These were great because I love Anne Hathaway and I want to marry John Cusack. :) The movies really talked about relationships and the choices we make...both really centered around choice and who we choose to have in our lives and why. Anne's character had found her one true love but gave him up so he could support his family - and then she never married because her heart belonged to him. John's character chose a child to love despite the child's eccentricities.

It got me thinking about a lot of relationships I have. I am selective in who I share my life with. I try to find people who share similar interests and thoughts, but also those who are different - because, heck, debating is fun. I'm not sure where I'm going with this because it's hard to explain my relationships - but really how does anyone explain their relationships?

No comments: