27 July 2006

Pictures? We don't have no stinkin' pictures!

The last week is now a blur – a blur of goodness and happiness and just pure fun, not to mention some stress and tension. But first – a picture:

Here is JB sitting at my table I found when I cleaned a couple weeks ago. Look, Ma! I’m eating at a table again! Not just at a table, but an actual meal! Not just eggs in my yellow chair! WOOHOO! Quite a step up to adulthood, I think. (yes, it's about time, I know.)

Anyway... :)

It was the 60th Anniversary of my base last week. We’re working on a special edition of the paper we put together and 4 days was spent trying to track down who the SEA’s were and in what order they served, finding our commander’s and begging for a letter of thanks, scanning in photos, and sorting through history to put this paper together. It’s not done yet. It’s not even close, but I’m working on it. Each day we get a few more items to finish it off. I can’t wait. It’ll be great – it better be great or I’ll be ticked - I can’t wait for it to be finished.

Mixed in with all that I spent time catching up with fabulous people. Wednesday night I hung out with a great friend whom I hadn’t seen in awhile. Thursday I hung out with another great friend I hadn't seen since Christmas: Tre. She braided my hair for me. YAY! I know this doesn’t seem like a big deal, but seriously this was the first time I had EVER had my hair braided. Growing up with the short, short pixie style hair (usually permed no less…yes I did look like Annie on occasion) didn’t allow the braids to be an option.

Braids from the front – don’t I look cute? (go Ireland!)


Braids from the back – SWEET! I had always longed for this, and now I can do it! WOOHOO! Plus, this turned out to be mucho needed since the wind was wicked and the heat almost unbearable as we’re running around during the Air Show. It was an awesome event, I will say. Lots of fun.

Okay. I know you’ve all been waiting so here it is. Now is the time for the ever-waited-for pictures of pies: The first was here. The second is here:


The third is here:


The fourth is here:


And the fifth (and maybe final) is here:

Which do you think is best?

By the way, I’m not going to quit making the pies. I enjoy it too much. I just have to make sure to give them away. I can’t handle all that on my hips. EEK! Next step: cherry pie. Then maybe lemon meringue or raisin cream – I’ve had some requests and I actually did find a recipe for the raisin one. I didn’t think I would. Crazy.

No comments: