17 July 2006

And the obsession continues...

Yes, I can’t get away from it. I made another pie Saturday. So that’s pie number 4 and I think the best one yet. Not as goopy, crust much better (but still need a bit o’ work) and it looked the prettiest. I’m taking pictures (to document it – just call me barry) but of course they aren’t developed yet. Another week, then you can see what they all look like. But that’s not all…I made yet another pie, yes, pie number 5, today. The crust looks great but I haven’t tried it yet. I will and we’ll see how it tastes.

But seriously: What the hell is wrong with me? This is the last one, I swear. I took pics of this one, too, but it’s the last one. I have to quit. My pants won’t fit anymore if I keep going.

I also gave up popcorn…again. I did! Really! I had half a bag left of ODCP, which I had bought in honor of my friend’s b-day, and I threw it away. Yep…just threw it away and gave it up, cold turkey.

Now I’m sad.

*sigh*

No, I’m okay. I don’t need the popcorn to be happy. I have other reasons to be happy. Anyway, I need to get back on SB – and Phase 1 will return next week (after the air show and 4 days of guards - ugh the horror of the food!). And this is all appropriate since about a year ago I started SB. See my other blog for that one.

Otherwise, I’ve also been taking photos of roses. Rainbow had a dozen on sale for $7 last week and to treat myself I decided to pick up some. They are the best flowers I have ever had. The opened up, they’ve stayed beautiful, and I love them. The textures of them were just great. If I had had a better camera I may have been able to pick those up more.

AND I bought a plant. The campus center folks decided to get rid of the contracted plants and trees and have them done in-house. I begged and begged to keep Herman and Elizabeth (pictures to come – see above) but to no avail. I broke down and bought Herman and I continue to pray and knock on wood each day that he won’t die. I love him!

So I’m becoming domesticated, I guess. What a weird feeling.

3 comments:

jb said...

what?! ... no more pie ... ??

~moe~ said...

Sorry.

Anonymous said...

It's not weird to continue to make a better pie. Where would we be today if our great chiefs quit trying to improve their dishes and settled on their first or second pie. Keep doing it until you are satisfied. Your not nuts. Ok, there is one thing though. Have you considered Cherry Pie? Just Kidding. Anyway, hang in there and give popcorn another shot. Doesn't sb have a popcorn thats worth it's salt. I can't wait for the pictures to be developed.