10 July 2006

Thank you, Anonymous!

This weekend was great. Seriously. Even though I was sick, things couldn’t have been better. Well it could have been but that wish is on hold right now. Anyway…

So Friday after work I went home about 5, crawled my sorry ass into bed and slept til 7. I woke up with a start, thinking it was morning and I was late for work. Luckily, that wasn’t true, so I got up and curled up in my chair and watched a movie. After that I was feeling a little better so I finished filing my magazine articles I had been ripping out all week and then went to bed again. Saturday was Productively Super! I washed clothes, I swapped my desk and table around (so I can actually eat at my table instead of just using it to hold mail and junk!) and even washed my floors. This I had almost all completed before 1pm. I’m even amazed at myself.

So once I had all that done, I decided to be Becky HomeEc-y and make a pie. I even made the crust and I must say, if I do say so myself, it was a damn good pie. Apple, of course, and the crust was even flaky, like I like.

JB came over around 5 and we grilled chicken and had supper. Then in our usual style we tossed back and forth the responsibility of figuring out what we were going to do next. We decided to stay in and watch a movie – a typical Moe evening. :)

Sunday was very relaxing. I went to church, then sat outside as recommended for about an hour. I was starting to burn so I thought it best to move back indoors. I basically reverted to my youth as I read all day long, taking breaks only to refill my glass of tea or blow my nose. Around 5 (maybe 5 is the witching hour!) I made up my breakfasts for the week and had supper – again at my table. What a concept! Then I did something I had done in quite awhile…while watching yet another movie, I began knitting a blanket. YAY!

The knitting is significant. My friend Debbie asked me if I would knit lap blankets for the residents at the home where she works. I, of course, agreed because I love to knit and it’d be a nice way for me to give back a little. Plus it’s a great stress reliever for me and soothing work. I’m very excited about it.

So my weekend was great – quiet and just about perfect. My cold is almost gone…I’m down to just a cough and occasional sniffle. Not bad, really. Maybe if I had tried the chicken soup I'd be over this now. Oh well, anyway.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm glad that you are feeling mucho better! What a concept, sleep, read, take it easy. Sounds like you even caught up on things to do around the house projects. I could almost taste the apple pie. Enjoy your returned good health. What! No chicken soup! Better stock up for the next time. Anyway

kendi said...

hey there! i'm home again now, and it's blissfully cool and rainy here. i dropped e this morning off at the bus to take his kids down. seems like we spent about ten minutes together after i got back before he left.

but glad to hear that your weekend was restful and productive. there aren't many of those anymore, so i'm happy for you! we have vbs this week, so it's intense in the mornings, but then nice and calm in the afternoons. a good way to return, i guess.