15 November 2009

Trying to do things I like...

...versus doing things I have to do.

Those things-that-shall-not-be-named are still calling out to me but I made a vow to myself last night that I would not mess with them today.

I finished my my snapfish project this morning and sent it off to be printed. I went to church and was reminded of the Isaiah text which when I read it during First Week at seminary thunder actually boomed at the right spot. Kind of funny.

And then...I baked cookies. It felt good to get those ingredients going again. Even the clean up felt good. It was nice to do something 'normal' again.

Then, to celebrate my normalcy, I went for a 3 mile run. I needed this. I'm glad I forced myself out. Someone once said the hardest steps in running are the first ones out the door. That's so true. Once I get out I'm fine, but it's getting out that is my struggle. I need this and I can't keep skipping. It had been 16 days since I last ran...not good.

So I came home, had ONE cookie, and now I'm going to get ready to spend some time with my family. MS is coming along, though I'm not sure he's too thrilled about it. It's another step in meeting my huge family - this time the younger-older brother (YOB) and his kids. It should be interesting. :)

No comments: