16 November 2009

AW

If only this was a root beer post, but it's not. Oh, that's A&W. hahaha

I've started the Artist's Way today. I didn't have the book (and won't until tomorrow) so I had to postpone starting until this evening when I was able to find the first steps online. It's an interesting exercise to being - 3 free writing pages each morning when you wake up. I don't do longhand because I can't keep up with my thoughts so I typed out 3 pages (which, as I was typing, I figured out was probably more than the 3 pages would have been if I had longhanded it).

Anyway, it's my newest undertaking. Mondo Beyondo has finished, though I'm going to sit in, so to speak, on the class again in January just to keep it fresh in my head. The Artist's Way is a 12 week course and I'm going to do my best with it. I'm getting the book tomorrow.

I just want to write more and I know this will help me to get there. JC once told me that if you want to be a writer you have to write and write often, so here I am. That's what I'm going to do. I need to do this for me. If nothing else it gives me another outlet to spew my thoughts and work through some issues. It might be as good as therapy. :) Or at least a cheaper form of it.

No comments: