19 November 2009

Leaving his mark

So today we had a retirement party for the guy who got stuck in my office for the last year as an overage. He’s been with our company for over 25 years but last year, due to some manning shifts, he was stuck in my office until his retirement.

Well, today was his last day so, being the nice person I am, I ordered a cake and let the building and some of his former co-workers know that we’d be celebrating at 3pm in the boss’s office (since he was out of town and it has a big table). All is well and good.

Until, that is, I find out after he left that he had taken his chewing gum out before he cut his cake, and stuck it UNDER the Boss’s conference table! HELLO! Who does this anymore? Gross! And then to do it in the boss’s office? Thank God Bruce told me so I could pry it off (with a tissue) because what if the boss had gone to move the table and put his hand in it? ICK!

Wow.

No comments: