08 June 2008

Surreal moment

Today was another good day - lots of meetings, lots of work, I was a wuss and let the late guy still turn in his work request (which I'm still kicking myself for) - and by 2:30 I was wiped out.

So I came home and decided to take a quick nap. Mom was supposed to come over later and change for her square dance thing so I needed to pick up a little before she did, but man...I was exhausted.

About 90 minutes into my nap I suddenly woke up to weird bells. My phone was dinging, which turned out to be a text message from Debbie. She had sent me directions to her house so I could get there for our trip this week.

This totally freaked me out. First I was woken up suddenly so I wasn't really awake. You know the feeling. And then what freaked me out was that before I had fallen asleep I was going through my list of things to do and top of the list was to email or call Debbie for this very information. So when she sent it on her own I tried to figure out what triggered this - did I text her in my sleep? Did I call her? I know I didn't email her, so how did this happen?

In my still slumbered state I kept clicking through my text messages trying to see if I sent her anything. Nothing. Then I clicked through my phone calls and nothing. Wow.

So in my still confused, slumbered state I dragged my sorry ass out of bed and proceeded to clean my house. I didn't need that surreal of a moment to wake me up but eventually it worked.

I picked up my house a bit, but I still have a lot of work to do. Good thing I have tomorrow off. I have a ton of errands to do.

Oh and I'm still watching Bones, but now I'm on season two which has one of my favorite lines (from Cam):

"There's a loop, people, and I'm in it. Not only am I in it, I'm the big curvy part."

1 comment:

KJ said...

That kind of thing happens to me & hubby all the time. Kinda makes me wonder if we're sharing a brain, which is frankly a terrifying thought.