17 June 2008

Reunited and it feels so good

I just spent an hour on the phone with one of my friends from ages ago.

Jason and I met when I was in Turkey and we discovered a similar passion for chatting, graphics and photos. He actually visited me twice after that - once in the cities and once here when I was here for a work weekend. Both were super fun trips. Between the baseball game, fireworks, airshow, waterfalls and parks, it solidified our friendship.

The bad thing about this is that we have lived halfway across the world from each other. First he was in Nort Dakooodah (I didn't spell that wrong, trust me...that's how it's pronounced). Then he was in Hawaii. Now he's down south somewhere and, eventually, he wants to go overseas for awhile (he has five places he'd love to go).

Luckily we've had the internet, phone and my incredibly memory for his birthday which reconnects us each year. I'd send an email - "Happy Birthday, Jason!" and we'd end up chatting for a couple months until it fizzled out as so many of my relationships seem to these days.

Oh well. The fun thing is that our friendship survives this mess every year and it was so fun to catch up tonight.

No comments: