27 June 2008

Apologies and stories

First, Cinda, I was in your neck of the woods and didn't call you or let you know I was coming (as you know being one of the two of us). I'm saying this first and foremost because if you read this post you may figure out where we were. But things were crazy and I was exhausted. I'm so sorry...next trip! We're really not that far away so we'll have to figure out something.

Story - I had a mini trip with Boss1 and Mungie Boy yesterday and today. It was a lot of fun - I will fully admit that a work trip was fun - but I'm exhausted.

We headed north to a fellow company where one of our sections was training with their section. We'll call them F2H. F2H has a training site which we don't and so this year the section headed up to get some great training and course work completed that they'll need for a future project. Seven of our people headed up and so Boss1, Mungie Boy and I went up to support them on their last day when they were doing final exercises and training.

The start of our trip was great and I was grateful that Boss1 was driving because MB really wanted us to go West to get to our destination when clearly it's a straight shot north. His navigational skills were a little rough this trip. He really really wanted to go left when every time we needed to go somewhere we needed to go right or straight. It became a running joke.

We got there and had lunch with Boss1's counterpart at F2H. It's always fun to sit in with bigwigs conversations. You learn so much that you can't ever repeat. :) My head is full.

Then the Boss1s went out on an excursion of their own while MB and I headed to the site. We took a bunch of pictures and hung out with the students, met some awesome people and had a great time. I got to partake a little in the training - just seeing how the equipment they had to use felt to a normal person. It's amazing what these folks do. I wish I could go into it more but I can't. If you want details, email me and I'll tell you more.

After all this and we gathered up Boss1 again, we headed to the club for a drink and car show briefly. Then headed to our hotel to check-in, shower, change for dinner. The boys and I agreed on 25 minutes and I think they all figured I'd be last. I actually got ready in 20 but only because I didn't dry or straighten my hair. I was testing my hair to see if it really does keep it's curl if I do that, and it sort of did. I'm still working on that.

Dinner was at a great local place with amazing steak and veggies. Boss1 kept making fun of me for my Beach eating habits, but I didn't care. It was delicious and I didn't feel overly full, which was amazing considering how much I inhaled.

By the time we finished I was spent. We got back to the hotel around 8:45. I was asleep by 9:30, awoke several times during the night due to various reasons; got up at 5:45 to meet our people for breakfast and headed out at 6:30 to do so.

The drive back seemed to take forever. I ended up sleeping some in the back of the car while the boys talked fishing and hometowns. And the afternoon drug...on... I finally called it a day at 4:30 and then headed to my nephew's baseball game.

The game ended early due to rain, wind and lightening. This was amazing, but I'll maybe talk about that later. I'm home now and so very tired. I just wanted to say hi.

I am excited about this weekend - to a point. It's supposed to be beautiful here...my temps, my winds, my skies...and I have to do CBTs. UGH! So I'm going to get a run in either in the morning or sometime during the day to break up the monotony. My niece was going to come up but we've postponed that to August which is good. I really just need some me time where I don't have to worry about dealing with other people. I haven't had an empty weekend since April. This is very much needed.

I hope you all are doing well. :) More to come.

No comments: