05 December 2007

Who hates me now?

I know you guys are probably really, really sick of these “I love my job” posts, but seriously, I LOVE MY JOB!

Today I found out that I will get my new furniture Friday. Woohoo! I'm so excited. So today I spent packing up my office – putting dishes (yes, I have fine china...it's a long story), binders, files, office supplies by the thousands into boxes. Friday AM my colleagues have agreed to help me move out the old furniture and in the new and set it up.

Soon I'll have a workstation where people can fill out their forms without using my desk, I'll have a spot for people to sit and read magazines without sitting in crappy chairs, and I will have file space galore that I can fill and organize to my hearts content. And then I can decorate appropriately for Christmas (instead of just my little, tiny tree).

Man, I'm giddy like a little school girl.

I'm also excited because my boss has a super important meeting tomorrow. Please cross your fingers and send up a prayer that all goes well. It'll be a great accomplishment if all is completed as we hope.

And tonight I went to my youngest nephew's school Christmas Program. I'd post pictures but you can see some other kids really clearly in the shot and I don't want to infringe on their privacy. It was really sweet and cute as the kids yelled out their songs (for the most part with the tune).

This is a great part of living so close to two of my siblings – I get to see these kind of things now. I feel like an aunt. It's wonderful.

1 comment:

Baritonality said...

Um... not me. I don't hate you. Envy you? yes. Hate you? No.

Good night.