14 December 2007

Proud to serve

Sgt. Jill Stevens is also known as Miss Utah to her fans. She'll be competing for Miss America in January. But Jill is also a Soldier in the Army National Guard. On her blog she highlights the Citizen Airman video, which I'll admit is awesome.

But, me being an Air Guard gal, I'm going to plug our fabulous Airman's Creed.

In truth, I have nothing against the Army National Guard. They are my brothers and sisters in the fight and I stand proud next to them. And truly we are all Citizen Soldiers/Airmen, standing strong and proud for our country.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, it's probably a bad thing that I didn't even know about the Airman's Creed until just now, huh? I'll have to print and post it at our next UTA!

Thanks for sharing this story - I'm not a huge fan of the Miss America pageant, but I think having a Guard troop (from either branch) in the running is a good thing.

~moe~ said...

ericjay - I commented on your blog just in case you don't read the comments here again, but don't feel too bad about the Creed. It's fairly new (this summer I think) but I do think your Public Affairs office dropped the ball if they didn't send it out. It was all over af.mil for a few weeks.

Our Command Chief uses this video during our Newcomer's Briefing that I facilitate. I always tear up (I'm a sap) and I worry that the newbies don't quite get it. Maybe someday.

Baritonality said...

moe, when the creed vid started, I was thinking... oh, man, this is going to be another cheesy video. But dang they did a good job, they increased the intensity of the visuals with the intensity of the words of the creed and the climax of the music.

That was great. Where do I sign?

Megan said...

I feel like since a pageant was mentioned on this post I have to respond. All I can think of is how girls who compete at Miss A and have a "story" - especially one as poignant and timely as being in the military - do well. I read her Army blog thing, and I laughed at how she's constantly trying to tie in military lingo to her pageant prep. Ah, pageant girls. At any rate, I'll be watching for her in January...