15 December 2007

No dreams last night

I wanted to leave yesterday's post up on top a little longer but I've been doing so well with blogging every day I hate to mess that up. So here...read it again!

Okay, that's done. Today I'm in the Cities and loving it. I spent an awesome coffee time with JB, catching up on the latest gossip and rejoicing that Megan will be home soon. YAY! Then it was off to Keith for a massage. I hadn't been there since October after the marathon when I had, what he calls, a fluff-n-buff. Today was a little more intense working on my pecs and shoulders and some other thing I don't know what he calls it.

I miss getting a massage every other week or so. When I lived here (in the Cities) I did that and my back, neck, shoulders, entire body felt better, more complete and healthy. Today as I was driving up here I could feel my shoulders touching my earlobes - or I was "wearing my shoulders as earrings" as Keith would say. I'm not stressed but I get tense and I haven't been stretching or using moist heat as I should. I'm not doing good self-care.

So I need to start...again. I'm kicking RAC's butt in gear with a crunches and pushups each night to help his fitness scores to improve and I've agreed to do them with him. (not literally, but we'll track them and keep each other accountable). But I need to do more self-care, especially when work gets tense (but I love my job!) or when times with family (re: mom) get tense.

So stretching, moist heat and exercise for me. What do you do?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you remember to stop by the desk and get your calendars? :) Blessings on your trip back to SD and know that you are missed! Long distance hug sent your way! :) E

Amy said...

It probably falls under the category of "stretching" but if I'm feeling really tense in my neck and shoulders (which is quite often), I'll sometimes do the Downward Facing Dog and two other Yoga poses that I don't know the names for. I always feel better...but maybe that's just because of the blood rushing to my head :)