21 December 2007

My Office!

I have written a lot (understatement) about how I much I love my job. At the end of September I got to order new furniture for my office. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pictures before the new stuff arrived, so all you get to see here is the new stuff.

For the record, my boss agreed with me that I was a dork for doing this. :)


This is from the corner.
If you were to look directly to the right you would see my
boss in his office laughing at me taking the pictures.

This is from my bosses door leading to his office.
Notice the Kandinsky on the wall?
Yeah, one of our generals looked at it for a long time
(after he asked me what it was - I said, "Art.")
and he said, "I really like wildlife paintings."
Yeah, I don't, but I'll be sure to get you a Thomas Kinkade print for Christmas. ugh.


Another angle from my bosses door. This is my desk and workstation.
I love this!

And this is from the hallway door. Those chairs are blue leather,
not the most comfortable but much better than what I had before.
There's a lot of room in this office now (it used to feel really crowded).
In fact one colonel said I had too much wasted space.
This from a guy who grew up in the Dakota's.
Can we talk about wasted space? Seriously?
Hasn't he ever driven across South or North Dakota toward
the Badlands? What do you run into? Buffalo, maybe.

2 comments:

Megan said...

That place looks super-nice. I'm going to have you design my office. That is, if I ever get one. Sigh.

KJ said...

Dork or not, I would totally do that too!! Beautiful. Love the chair. I've been out of the loop on blogs and haven't been caught up with you, but will be soon! I'm going to try a yoga chair or an excercise ball chair. I need something with no arms, that I can sit on and type for hours on end and keep good posture, so will give those less expensive things a try before I pull out the big cash... is yours comfy?