02 December 2007

Maybe Not...

Today was a great day at work (again? Are you getting tired of these yet?). We started an hour late due to the weather but I went in at normal time just to get some work done. Which I did, but didn't get everything done I should have. Oh well.

But I had an awesome training this morning that helped me to realize just how far behind I am (which helps me have a little job security since I need to get it all done soon). Then a great lunch, awesome open house, I gave claim to my office furniture to another section (once I get my new stuff in), said goodbye to another awesome co-worker who retired this weekend, heard more incredibly inspiring words from WS at a ceremony, and helped a bunch of kids color at the Kid's Christmas Party after work. All in all, a good day.

Until I came home and my heat still isn't working. Although I will say that the fan seems to be running and keeps the heat up to a point, but I'm thinking the heat is all on my vaulted ceiling instead of down here by me. My Carpeted Floor Is Cold. There's something wrong. So tonight I'll curl up in my electric blanket and sleep soundly and tomorrow I'll stop in to pay rent and ask them to check it out, so I'm not spending every night this winter standing in front of my oven warming myself.

One good thing – tonight NaBloPoMo awards will be announced. I'm excited and crossing my fingers (which means I probably won't win).

No comments: