19 December 2007

Sometimes it's a sucky time of year

A good but somewhat shitty kind of day.

Work was great, of course (because I love my job!). But JB wrote about Logan's Mom. K wrote about the multiple deaths in her congregation. One of our general's FIL died. A retired chief's mom died. And at lunch my friend told me that his sister's pseudo foster daughter (long story) had died yesterday. She was 37.

37. This sucks. She had 5 kids, all amazing kids. And it came on so suddenly that there was barely time to realize what was happening. Not going into details here, but it was scary. And so freakin' close to Christmas. Her family has lost their matriarch. And me being selfish I keep thinking that's 4 years from me. And it's just a reminder of how short life is.

Holy crap life is short. It flies by in a blink of an eye and those days, those minutes are lost forever.

Sometimes (a lot of times) I think I'm not living my life well enough, that I just coast through life without really thinking about what I'm doing. I should be doing more, but I don't know what more is. What is more?

I used to have goals in my job. Tomorrow I have to meet with my awesome boss for my annual retention interview. I don't know what to write anymore. I've lost my direction, yet I'm sure it's there somewhere. But where? And what more?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lost direction, now way. The direction is forward, you do what’s right, you do what you can and you ask God to help and guide you. How could that not be living “well” enough?
Oh…and keep blogging!