12 December 2007

Stupid things that make me sad

As you know, I love my job. I have new furniture in my office (pictures soon, I promise!). I have the awesomest boss ever. Seriously. People kid me when I say that thinking I'm just sucking up or making it up, but it's true. I have the best boss. It's great.

But today I was a little sad. Because of my new furniture I have been in boxes and shambles for a week. I'm finally coming out from under it all but still trying to find where I put things in my haste to clean things up. And today at 5 as I was finishing up the day preparing for tomorrow, I suddenly became very overwhelmed at all the projects I have on my To-Do list.

I will admit, I got scared.

I have a lot of crap to catch up on. Some of these things have been coming up and I knew that but now the time to complete them is here. And I have two days left this week, three days next week and then we're on break again. I'd love to come in over the long weekend when everyone else is gone but my boss frowns on that, rightfully so. Of course, I don't claim the extra time (much to the chagrin of my friends) because sometimes it's just easier to work when everyone else is gone.

I haven't felt much of the motivation to do these things lately. That doesn't help either. I haven't felt motivated to do much at all. I was even mildly lamenting that I had to go to work on Tuesday because I couldn't watch Six Feet Under then. :) Yeah, I'm sad.

I don't know...it's a rambling post today. Sorry.

But here's some fun good news: Saturday I get to have a massage from Keith and I get to see the ever-fabulous JB! And Sunday I have a date for church with a hot man! My friends have solos for a concert piece at church. WOOHOO! Then we get to go out for brunch!

*sigh* It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

No comments: