24 December 2007

Is it really Christmas?

This has been the weirdest holiday ever.

After sleeping off my wine stupor from last night, I spent most of the day watching A&E's Cold Case marathon. It's scary to think of how many unsolved murders happen every year. My heart went out to all the stories of people - even those they solved, it was just emotional.

I finally pulled my fat ass off the couch and went out into the world. I needed some sunlight or I was going to go nuts. I bought some more wine and ran a couple errands. Surprisingly traffic wasn't as bad as I expected it to be, though as soon as I thought that to myself while driving on the busiest road in our town, I was almost the part of one could-have-been accident and the witness to another. People were in just a huge hurry. I wasn't so I'm sure I was the problem. :)

Now I'm trying to decide if I should go to the 10 or 11 o'clock Christmas Eve service. I'm thinking the 10, but I have nothing going on so I could go to the 11. Santa already came for me so it's not a big deal.

Yes, I'm a dork. I bought some little things today at put them in my stocking so I have something to open tomorrow. I should have wrapped them but that would have been a waste.

But for now I continue to clean during my Discardia phase and watching the best Christmas movie ever (well, after White Christmas, of course): A Christmas Story. TBS is the greatest.

No comments: