03 December 2007

Warmer!

I don't know about you, but I sleep really well when it's cool in my room. Last night, I slept GREAT.

Around 8 last night, I got sick of being cold in my apartment, so I turned my electric blanket (thanks, tre!) on to 8, curled up and read for awhile. Of course my 'awhile' was only 30 minutes and then I went to sleep. I woke up at 8 this morning. Either I was really tired – which could be partly true since yesterday was non-stop but great – or the cool air was just perfect for sleeping.

Well, the nice maintenance man came and fixed my heater today and it's been running nicely since 3. It's so nice to be able to sit on my couch without shivering! Or to touch my nose and it's not like ice! I'm sure I'll still sleep well tonight, though.

I've been baking today, too. I made some yummy banana oatmeal raisin cookies and krumkake. My co-workers don't know much about krumkake, other than Ron who has been relishing it for years. So tomorrow a few more will be edumacated on the joy that is krumkake. And if they don't like it, I'll eat it all up. YUMMY!

2 comments:

KJ said...

Glad your heat is on!
ooh, Krumcake. Don't you want to move to a warmer climate and... open a posh bakery on Melrose or something and...sell Krumcake to me?

~moe~ said...

Kat - if you can suggest any feasible way i can mail you some krumkake without them breaking into pieces I would love to! Plus my brother out East would love some too...so you'd be helping a fellow krumkake lover. :)

As for the posh bakery - maybe someday when I have a better repertoire of baked goods.