10 December 2007

More recipe fun

My recipe fun from yesterday led me to a meatloaf muffin recipe that actually turned out not too bad. It needs a little more Worcestershire sauce, minced or real onion instead of powder, and maybe the Crispex would have been a better option than the low-carb Special K I used, but oh well. It was good.

Tomorrow night I'm going to put together the ingredients for a slow cooker recipe for tangy chicken which I also found yesterday. I have never used a slow cooker so I'm more than a little nervous about plugging it in and leaving it all day, but hopefully it'll be okay. That's the whole point of a slow cooker, right?

I could have been a the perfect 50s wife today. I ran errands: picking up the mail, getting groceries, buying yarn. Then I came home and made cookies and carrot cake cupcakes. Then I made my fabulous supper, washed dishes and now I'm watching Six Feet Under while I knit. Pretty crazy.

4 comments:

Amy Adams said...

Mr. Sweetie categorically refused to eat a dinner I made in the slow cooker, as in his world, "food poisoning" is spelled "c-r-o-c-k-p-o-t." So, just to show him up, I stuck an oven thermometer into the stew, and it heated right up to 185, which the internal temp that shows poultry is finished. I think it cooks at something less than 350, but it's still hot enough.

Megan said...

Can I just say that your baking and cooking endeavors inspire me? Food-related challenges scare me, so I eat a lot of cereal left to my own devices. But the husband is a great cook, and I've taken to talking up my baking skills, and when we return to an oven that has a temperature gauge (unlike the one here) I'll have to carry through... and might be asking you for some recipes. :)

Justin G said...

wow, i wish i lived closer so I could sample some of this food

KJ said...

Crockpots ROCK! I never used on in my life until I had a baby. A friend bought one for me the day my son was born and I've never looked back. It got a lot of use the first 10 months of his life. Now that I'm back to "real" cooking, I have some recipes that I still make in the crock pot, as I think they come out much better - and I love that you can leave it all day and not worry about it. If the chicken thing is good, I'd love the recipe!