11 January 2008

Where will I go?

Again the fabulous Andrea inspires others with the continuation of Mondo Beyondo. This portion is where we look forward into 2008 and beyond (get it?). Her first suggestions are to declare what you want to draw into your life. And I agree she's right when she says the difference here exists in language. Instead of "I won't" or "I'm giving up...", things become "I intend to". I really like this way of thinking and so here I go.

  • My intention is to focus on the positive thoughts and things in life by looking for the good in situations instead of the bad.
  • My intention is to finish all my online training and testing for work by end of March (with the first major test to be completed by the end of January).
  • My intention is to complete my PIF promises NLT May.
  • My intention is to knit at night while I watch TV instead of eating or slumming.
  • My intention is to purchase chairs for my table and eat dinner at the table each night instead of on the couch. I deserve to have a good meal eaten upright at a table with real plates, napkins, silverware, even if I'm single and eating alone.
  • My intention is to buy myself flowers more often - joy!
  • My intention is to purge my life, a little at a time, of excess: papers, pounds, clothes, stuff until I feel lighter and freer or by October, whichever comes first.
  • My intention is to try new foods that are healthier for me and add back in the healthier foods I used to eat on a regular basis.
  • My intention is to run two marathons (and other races) for sure under six hours, hopefully under 5.
  • My intention is to give more than I receive.

    My one thing with this is that I feel like I should reevaluate these in 6 months and see if I have accomplished what I wanted to by that time and what I need to refocus on for the rest of the year. Things change so rapidly anymore that it seems 6 months is as far out as I dare to go right now.

But then I come to the next part of Mondo Beyondo, which is to write things "you are wanting to manifest that are almost too scary to even write down." This is scary to think about because as a youth woman person you're are told that you can't do things, that it won't happen, or that you're not good enough (or that you're not quite good enough). And these could be accomplished in this year or in 5 or 10 or 50. It's good to look forward and dream big, as they say. So...

  • Write a book and find a publisher. I've been toying with this since high school, maybe it's time to think more seriously about it.
  • Begin an etsy shop with knitting projects and that other project I haven't told anyone about but really want to do.
  • Get commissioned and achieve the rank of Colonel (Lt or Full).
  • Get the training needed to be combat camera trained and get back up in the F-16 to take photos.
  • Get better training in photography and look into finding a class or training.
  • Learn to fly.
How about you?

No comments: