10 January 2008

Despite all this, I still love it

I feel like I can't quite get a grasp on things right now. The ironic thing is a year ago I was feeling the same thing as I started this job. It's pretty funny, if you think about it.

The last couple days I've been working on the file plan at work. Yes, folks, I not only need to get organized at home, but also at work. We're required by regulations to have a file plan, and it has to follow all these fun rules and format. The one for my office was last looked at in 2003, so it's in need of a tiny bit of updating. Of course when I say "tiny" I am referring to the same "tiny" as the guy who has the nickname "Tiny".

It kind of sucks because since it hasn't been looked at in so long there are a lot of things that have changed. And I have taken on a lot more than my predecessor in responsibilities which I now I have to log as well. So what I was hoping would have been finished up tomorrow afternoon is really just getting started.

But, the weirder thing is that I am actually excited to get this set up so I understand it and can utilize it well. I have so many piles of things laying around, and if I can get my files set up and usable that will alleviate a little stress there (and maybe give me some good ideas how to set up my file plan at home). [See, I really do love my job - even the filing!]

I had promised Mondo Beyondo today, but that'll have to wait until tomorrow since I started the post there, was interrupted several times and forgot to send it home. Stop back tomorrow and I promise we'll continue the journey.

And if you have a moment, please send up some prayers for my friend Anthony and his siblings. Their father, Ed, died suddenly and unexpectedly Tuesday night. Ed was the same age my Dad was when he died.

No comments: