06 January 2008

It's an Epiphany!


Or it actually IS Epiphany. Well, both actually. Or neither. I'm confused.

I took down my tree and stockings* at work today. It's Epiphany so it's time to let Christmas go with the last year, right? Well, I should take down my tree at home too, but I decided to have one more night of Christmas light goodness. Tomorrow the joy will come down, not only because Christmas is over, but I desperately need to put those boxes away so I can continue my de-cluttering.

Tonight was a great night. I got to chat with K&E as we continue our plans for my next visit with them in May. Apparently E thinks I'm a weekend woodworker like my brother and can help him build a deck. I best start reading up on that one (and maybe buy a better drill).

I'm just so excited to see them! I haven't seen them since October and I'm in desperate need of fun with my awesome friends.
They have the sweetest cat who loves me oh so much. He likes to curl up on my lap while I read and will sit there for hours. It's great. I can't wait.

*Hey former ID workers - anyone recognize the tree? I had to continue my tradition of making stockings for everyone in the office again. Miss you!

5 comments:

jb said...

wait, didn't K and E make you help them move last time you visited? sounds like you are working off your room and board in manual labor!

Anonymous said...

yay! i knew there was something familiar about that tree when I saw the pic. happy holidays!
karen

~moe~ said...

JB, nope - that was 2 or three visits ago. And I volunteered to help them move to prove that a MINI can carry lots of boxes. :)

Anonymous said...

Hey there. You've seen me blog before about deciding whether or not to re-enlist, and I was looking for an opinion on a note I'm thinking of sending to my OIC. I can't really run it by anyone in my unit, but I don't know if a complete outsider would understand and be able to tell me if it seems appropriate.

I know you're not in the same shop I'm in, but I think your opinion would be quite helpful. Would you mind taking a look and letting me know what you think? If so, do you have an e-mail address I can send it to? If not, that's okay, too!

Feel free to e-mail me: eric [at] wasaba [dot] com.

Sarah said...

I still have my stocking. I hung it up on my MINI tree this year... I mean "our" MINI tree... I'm still getting use to this sharing thing. Some day I will be able to hang it up on our BIG tree. I look forward to that day and then I can continue to look upon it with fondness and remember all the ID memories.... or something like that. :)
Oh and we need to plan another Sara(h) day.