24 July 2008

Yo, yo, yo, Yo!

MG and I were talking today about our coworker AP who, according to MG, is a very up and down individual. I think I fly along those same lines most days. It's kind of interesting.

Because even Mungie Boy said that again today to me. As he puts it, there was this flash across my eyes where he could see how pissed off I was, and then moments (seconds) later it was gone and I was laughing again.

Well, that was true unless you read yesterday's post. I went to bed last night at 8, read for a half hour, and then crashed hard at 8:30 because I was so exhausted from 2-a-day workouts but also just emotionally from this stupid crap yesterday. I came up with a plan to talk to one of the head ladies in the section about how to formulate her invitations for these section lunches so that the section realizes that people in my section aren't invited and then no one has to feel awkward.

Well, I chickened out. Not really chickened out, but I got to the point where I realized they are never going to change and it's not worth my time to worry about. I have other crap going on that requires more thought and effort. Lunch is not one of them.

So today I skipped both workouts and took the day off. I could barely move today so it's probably a good thing. I'm going to run hard tomorrow and have lunch with RA which will be great as usual. I have a late night tomorrow which I know is going to kick my butt, but I'm excited for it in the same sense.

But I'm feeling better again. Probably because I rested today, I got rid of the evil of the lunch issue, and Boss1 is back which makes everything right in the world.

2 comments:

CindaRu and Dustin Too! said...

Great job on the workouts.
As for the office politics, it sucks. You either have to confront it or rise above it. It just depends on the day and battle you are choosing to pick, I'm sure.

Anonymous said...

can I see you! PLEASE! I am getting really bored and with that comes a severe laziness that is really really hard to overcome. I could use a nice SLOW jog. As long as I dont die of heatstroke. I don't have a cell phone. Boo. We should figure this out. I'm not that far away.
karen