19 July 2008

A much needed break

*sigh*

Can I just say that? Well, I suppose I could just post a sigh and be done with it, but I'll expand this a little just because I can, and well because I write for me, not you so it'll help me to cleanse the soul, if that's possible.

Last night the friend I recently reconnected with and I talked on the phone until after midnight. It was great! I'm so glad we're reconnecting and planning trips to see each other. It's been far too long. I can't wait to visit. We have a lot to catch up on.

But because of the very late night in the Moe world (I'm usually asleep no later than 9:30 on average), I slept in way late this morning. I think I finally dragged my butt out of bed at 10, which is so unusual for me.

I didn't care though. I needed the rest, and I had no plans for today other than to clean. And I'm in the process of that. I've rearranged, kind of, my living room. I wanted to open it up again. A friend had helped me last summer change it around in a way I never would have thought of, angling the couch in the middle of the room. It worked really well, separating my "dining room" with the living room, but lately it has just felt crowded. I'm such a mess these days and if I can alleviate some crowdedness in my life, then I'm going to do just that.

So I moved my couch to the wall, and moved my rocking chair into my bedroom, which made me have to move my file cabinet next to my dresser, but I think once I get all my clothes for Goodwill sorted and removed from my closet, I can move my file cabinet in there and open up my room again.

Any suggestions on shoes? I have a lot of shoes that I don't wear and I'd hate to just throw them...but I'm not sure on the 'rightness' (I can't think of a word) of donating used shoes.

I like doing this rearranging and cleaning. It's satisfying and is helping in that some of my stress and tension is releasing. It's not all gone though - I have a ways to go yet this weekend.

So anyway...that's my plan for tomorrow too - except the sleeping in. I want/need to go to church. I need a little God, as I like to say, and that's at 8. I need some peace and reassurance to help me through.

1 comment:

Baritonality said...

If you have issues with the "rightness" of donating shoes, you may not like this idea either, but consignment shops take shoes and you get money for them.

I haven't bought shoes there yet, but I always look. It's worth a shot, right?