22 July 2008

Refreshed and reenergized!

Today was great! I love days like today, not that I got much accomplished, but the day felt good.

First I have to say that I really am an introvert, despite some outside appearances. These three days home, away from people (except for church) was SO needed. This is how I regroup. I'm trying not to think about how I have several weeks coming up where I won't have this opportunity, because I have a feeling I'm going to need it.

Of course, that's what mental health days are for, right?

Anyway, I got up early, thanks to my motivator, and did one of my 10-minute trainer sessions by Tony Horton. Awesome. And if I had planned better I could have completed 2 sessions, instead of just one, but it was okay. Why, you ask? Because I was able to actually have breakfast.

Yep, I actually had a normal breakfast for once. I scrambled up some egg whites (and one small yolk) and had a couple pieces of my low fat, low calorie whole wheat bread. Yum yum. It was awesome because I wasn't hungry at all during the morning, which I usually am. Instead I had to force myself to have some protein an hour before my run so I could have some energy.

Which was also good... I went for a run at noon. While it wasn't the best, my first mile was in 10:38, which was pretty decent for me right now. The bad thing was I stopped to walk. I can't do that. My shins tighten and I lose my motivation. But I ended up finishing 3 in about 37, which was decent with the amount of walking I did. I can do so much better tomorrow. NRB was supposed to run with me today, but he got tied up with the guy we call the Sarge and wasn't able to break away. He said he'd run with me tomorrow, which is great, but he's going to have to do the talking because I need to focus on my breathing.

The afternoon was uneventful though I have RG working with me for a month and he's going to help me with my file plan. YAY! That's a project I have been putting off, but this actually works out how it should be set up in our office and, believe me, I have never been more happy.

And the icing on the cake (ooo, cake) was having dinner tonight with Sarah. Another much needed item in my night - girls night with Sarah (Eric was busy). We had Mexican and talked for, literally, hours. I couldn't believe it when she said it was almost 9 and we had gotten there at 6. *sigh* What an awesome moment.

So now I'm on cloud 9 but super duper tired. I'm only hoping that tomorrow can go as well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We all need a mental health break every now and again.

10:38 is pretty good...you'd probably even pass an army PT test...lol! I can't do it anymore. My knees are too jacked up to run, plus everytime I want to run, things jiggle that aren't supposed to...makes me feel very self conscious about it!