20 July 2008

Catching up on the food network

Okay, so these posts this month are supposed to be about food for NaBloPoMo this month. I haven't been doing very well with that (so much so that I had to go back to my original post to remind myself what the topic is!).

My eating hasn't been the best lately. Walk/Running at night with NRB, or working late has brought me home at 7:30 or 8 those nights. It just seems way too late to eat anything substantial when I'm going to bed at 9:30. So I've had ice cream or watermelon to somewhat satisfy the hunger.

Of course then I wake up starving :) so I've had pop tarts or a bagel for breakfast. Not the best way to start. I should be eating protein. I miss the MocMuffins the boys across the street sometimes make.

And just because I'm a woman, I'll run down what I've eaten today so far. I had a bagel, toasted with lite Smart Balance butter for breakfast. I had about 4 of Tostitos Flour Tortilla chips. I had a small bowl of ice cream for lunch. Then I pretty much laid low while I was cleaning my closet and taking a nap. :)

So tonight I griddle grilled up some Tilapia (which stuck so that's a mess I get to fix later) and then spread some peach/mango salsa with cut up avocado on it. Yum! SOOooo good. Boss1 will never believe that I actually ate fish...on my own...by myself. He makes fun of me for that. He once said, "You'd never survive in my house" because his family pretty much eats only fish.

I will say the tilapia was delicious and I'll have to do that again sometime, with or without the salsa.

So that's my eats lately. Not much. I need to do a little better on the consistency of my eating patterns. They've been pretty much null and void lately. Hopefully tomorrow will be better as I begin my routine again.

No comments: