14 July 2008

Tires and Road kill

Or Tired Road Kill?

Whatever. This was the theme of the day today. Tires and road kill. I took a day trip to the cities today after saying bye to a few friends going to the beach. My Mini has been giving me some fits lately so last week I set up an appointment for today to get things adjusted.

So I headed out this morning and got to the service place to find out that the whump-whump-whump (fast and slow) that I hear when I accelerate or decelerate is because my back tires were cupped. Basically they aren't wearing evenly and so I got the whump-whump-whump sound which was really annoying. So two new tires for Morty. I was planning on one, but two was a great add.

Then my break fluid needed to be flushed - it's supposed to be done every two years and mine hasn't been done since I bought the car 3 1/2 years ago, so it was time. And I got my oil changed which was good because last week my oil pressure light kept coming on when I turned the corner (only to go out when I straightened out the car).

So now my car runs smooth, breaks like a dream and is fully lubricated. Haha...I said lubricated. hahaha

OH and the fabulous folks at Mini totally scraped off all the dead bugs that had fried onto my windshield back in May. YAY! I can see again!

But during my 8 hour drive I saw more blown tires and dead animals than I have seen in a long time. It was kind of gross.

So much for a day off though. Tomorrow it's back to the grind. And my new running buddy wants to run at the end of the day. Sheesh. It's HOT then. Does he not get that? Oh well. It'll help me to train for another possible humid and hot marathon in October. If nothing else it will help me develop a better lung capacity. Wish me luck!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marathon running...interesting. Running in general--bleh!

Beege said...

You're doing it AGAIN?!

I think marathon runners are sick in the head. Truly.

I'd swim a marathon, though.