31 May 2009

A nice Sunday

Yesterday was a whirlwind - airport, flight, airport, flight, drive on unfamiliar highways in semi-familiar territory, quick change and then to Mass. Yep...full Mass in the middle of the afternoon and then commencement. It's was a full afternoon and I was ready to sleep by 7.

But I got to go to Baskin Robbins last night and got my Daiquiri Ice - which has changed colors and doesn't quite taste the same as I remember - still good, but not quite right. And then I crashed hard.

Today was extremely low-key. We just had the nephew's grad party and my brother has a pool so it was a nice pool party kind of event. Too bad it's super windy here. I just hung out with my sis-in-law's family, had some homemade stromboli and a couple rum and cokes. Now I'm tired again and ready to sleep. Tomorrow will be another early morning, drive on now semi-familiar highways, back to the airport for flight and flight and then mow Mom's lawn.

I'm tired. Aren't vacations supposed to be relaxing? :)

No comments: