08 May 2009

Running for the soul

I took the afternoon off today, which was really nice. I needed to get out of the office for awhile. Granted I was in a seminar for three days last week, but I still had to go into work and worked late a couple of the nights to catch up on things. So I wasn't really gone.

But after a great lunch with my coaches from the seminar, I picked up my race packet for the 10K tomorrow, then came home and ran a short 2.25 myself. It was raining and perfect out. A little chilly, but it felt good.

Running also helped me work out a few issues in my head. I'm really messed up when it comes to relationships and I'm not sure why. I really need to call that therapists number...this is getting ridiculous. I need to make a point of it on Monday. Of course when I get around to thinking about calling that's usually when I'm feeling pretty good about myself. :) It's like getting into the tub and the phone rings.

Anyway, I need to get out of my head. I really do. When I can do that and just experience what I'm experiencing (natch), I have a great time. I need to get there.

Well, that will be one of my tasks for tonight. We'll see how I do.

Oh and if you're bored between 8 and 9:15 CDT tomorrow morning, I'd really appreciate some prayers or happy thoughts sent my way. :)

No comments: