07 May 2009

Road ID

I finally did it! I signed up for Road ID. I'll finally be safe when I'm out running. I'm really excited for this, I don't know why I waited so long. If you're a runner, or biker, or outside person - get one! This is awesome!

It's days like this that remind me why I'm a runner. The weather was absolutely perfect today. A slight breeze, 72, a few clouds in the sky to break up the blue monotony - just me, my shoes, my skirt and my thoughts. I worked out a lot of things in my head and had a great 3 miles doing it. My splits made me happy. 10:34 for the first mile; the second mile I walked a bit and still made it in 12:02; third mile 10:55 running into a head wind for a little bit. So overall about a 11:12 avg mile, which is good for me. As my boss would say though, "I love it when a plan comes together."

I also realized today that I really miss the noon run I used to do all the time. Not that running at night with SG is bad, because I love that too - it's usually cooler, it's a nice way to end the day - but it's also the end of the day and after a hectic day the last thing I usually want to do is run. But running at noon gets me out of the office for a little while, I get to enjoy the daytime weather, and I'm ready to get back to work when I return. Lunch is a trick, but I can usually make that work too (if I plan right, which I didn't do today).

I need to do this more. I need my runs. I really shouldn't be skipping these. Now - on to the ice!

No comments: