05 May 2009

Tuesday ramblings

"It's not the little engine that could, it's the little engine that deceived itself."
said by Tim Don after I explained my mantra of "there is no hill, there is no hill" while running the last mile yesterday which had two steep hills.

-----
"I need something real to eat," she said after popping four M&Ms in her mouth.

I'm hungry today. I know why, and MS gave me crap about this last night. I'm not eating right again. He said he couldn't understand why I wasn't this \O\ big around when I'm running all the time and hardly eat. I'm not taking my own advice that I gave K a couple weeks ago. I've cut down my intake - "too busy" to eat breakfast, shoveling lunch in while working, kind of having a dinner after a run. I'm not eating enough. Dammit, Jim.

I think my fear is that I'll start eating more often like I should, but I won't exercise enough so then I'll just be eating and eating and then I'll get fat, and I can't do that. I need to find that balance. Part of what would help is if I made my meals like I should and had my snacks ready to go (like celery and PB, yogurt, etc) so I wouldn't have to think about it all.

-----
Sanitize the passion
-----
My boss now talks to himself. He never used to, but after 2 1/2 years of working with me, he now does. It's quite humorous. :)

No comments: